What Is a Softgel?
A softgel is an oral dosage form similar to capsules consisting of a gelatin based shell surrounding a liquid fill. They are produced in a process known as encapsulation, using the Rotary Die Encapsulation process invented by Robert Pauli Scherer.
Two flat ribbons of shell material are manufactured on the machine and brought together on a twin set of rotating dies. The dies contain recesses in the desired size and shape, which cut out the ribbons into a two-dimensional shape and forms a seal around the outside.
At the same time, a pump delivers a precise dose of fill material through a nozzle incorporated into a filling wedge.
The wedge is heated to facilitate the sealing process. The wedge injection causes the two flat ribbons to expand into the die pockets, giving rise to the three-dimensional finished product. After encapsulation, the softgels are dried for up to two weeks depending on our client’s needs.
What Are the Benefits of Softgels?
- Easy digestion. Gelatin capsules are easily digested and dissolve within minutes of reaching the stomach.
- Increased bioavailability. Soft gel capsules can increase the bioavailability of poorly absorbed or soluble nutrients. Through stabilizing techniques the effectiveness of can be enhanced. Many of these methods are not possible with solid materials.
- Hermetically sealed. Soft gelatin capsules are hermetically sealed and airtight making them tamper-evident and protected from light and oxygen.
- Targeted dosages and safety. In addition to bioavailability, softgels can deliver incredibly accurate dosages, making low and ultra-low amounts easier to achieve than other oral dosage forms, such as tablets.They also deliver a low melting compound and improve the final product’s quality by minimizing potential dust generation during softgel manufacturing.
Why Aspire's Softgels?
Softgels have a storied history through the pharmaceutical and supplements industries. The team at Aspire has contributed by offering quality soft gelatin products and introducing its innovative GelMelts™ design. Working with us, you’ll also discover:
- Incredible customization. Our clients partner with our team of experts to create modern encapsulated products, fully customizable from shapes and sizes to laser markings and ink printings to highlight your brand.
- GelMelts™ advantages. Aspire’s patent-pending GelMelts™ are designed to dissolve quickly, are incredibly easy to ingest and deliver a quick release of active ingredients.
If you’re interested in unlocking the amazing benefits of this impressive technology, contact Aspire Pharmaceuticals today.Our unique GelMelts™ guarantee accurate dosage, are available in liquid or paste formulations and deliver a convenience, taste and great mouth feel customer won’t be able to resist. These can be formulated using 100% natural ingredients, including vegetarian/vegan options.Our team is always ready to collaborate to deliver your ideal product, whether you’re working through the research and development stage or need initial development or analytical and stability testing.